Currently: Heads up Tankman Media, a company offering digital and social media strategy, content creation, writing and broadcasting services, and also employed on a half day basis by New Media as their Digital Evangelist.
- Writing a weekly column for Sport24, Varsity Cup and BetFlash
- Handling the entire social media strategy and content creation for one of South Africa’s iconic brands
- Making sure New Media and their brands are on the correct digital path
- Implementing a workflow system that allows for simple publishing to multiple channels
- Live crossings to 5FM, Cape Talk, KFM and E-TV to review and preview an review the rugby weekend
- MC’ing and hosting live Q&A sessions with sport celebs for the Charles Glass Society and Wynberg Old Boys Union
- Regular rugby ramblings on the Front Row Grunt blog, for which Tank was nominated for an SAB Journalism Award in 2010
- Chirping on rugby to over 14 000 followers on his @frontrowgrunt Twitter account and Front Row Grunt Facebook page
2007 – 2011: Publisher & Editor of Sport24.co.za – the biggest sport website in SA in terms of domestic users.
2001 to 2007 – Head of New Media at Touchline Media
1995 to 2000 – Head of Touchline Photo, a division of Touchline Media
- 2006 – Completed the Stanford University “Publishing on the Web” course in San Francisco.
- 2003 – Completed the Media Management Programme run by the University of Stellenbosch.
- 1994 – Read a post-graduate diploma in management (Marketing) at UCT
- 1993 – Graduated from UCT with a Bachelor of Social Science, majoring in Economics
Non-academic achievements at UCT:
- Played rugby for: Western Province, SA Universities, UCT, WP U20
- Received “Full Blue” for rugby in 1992, 1993 and 1994
- Awarded the Smuts Hall “Sportsman of the year” in 1992
- 1988 – Matriculated from the Diocesan College (Bishops)
- 1989 – Remained at Bishops to do Post-Matric.
- Played SA Schools rugby
- School and House prefect in 1988 and 1989
- Sergeant in the Cadet Corps
- Captain of the school Athletics team
- 1st team waterpolo, swimming, athletics and rugby
- WP colours for athletics and rugby
- Distinction tie for rugby
And as a person … As important to making a success of his career, is being able to balance that by spending time with family and friends. Mad about sport – both participating (golf, swimming, cycling, and the odd triathlon) and watching (rugby and cricket primarily, but golf, athletics, swimming and even Strongman competitions will keep him on the couch), spending time with mates while doing something thirst inducing and fun is pretty much top notch for the big man.
Contact Tank Lanning by CLICKING HERE