After 5 weeks of the Currie Cup, it’s Western Province who edge the Sharks as the most watched team on TV:
But it’s the Bulls vs Sharks that tops the pops at the moment:
While the year and year viewership nubers continue to look good:
And Saturday games continue to dominate the TV eyeballs:
And the Currie Cup does not lag the Boks by much:
Interesting to look at a day’s viewership flow on SuperSport (Saturday 8 September):
- 12h00 – Start of the Australia v South Africa game. Channel share increased by 9 percentage points!
- 16h40 – Viewers switching to the T20 on SuperSport 2 after the Griquas v Sharks game
- 19h04 – Cheetahs v WP after Blue Bulls v Lions
In Summary, then …
- Cumulative Audience of Primary Live Broadcasts = 7,483,200 viewers, an increase of 39.4% YoY.
- Games broadcast in the 5PM and 7PM timeslots deliver the highest Television audience.
- Cumulative Audience across all Television coverage = 8,285,792 viewers.
All numbers courtesy of the good folk at RepucomSA …